Saturday, March 5, 2011

Any minute now

So, I totally feel that any minute now all this happiness I've had all week will be pulled right from under me.  I have not had one phone call from my son's school!!!  I had to go to an IEP meeting and that didn't go far because the autism coordinators weren't there, but, all in all, I've had a relaxing week.  I've actually embraced all the hard work I've done for school instead of fearing how I would get it all done while fielding calls from teachers, administators and aides or fighting homework battles.  It's been pleasant and I can definitely say, I have enjoyed it immensely!  Thank you, universe!

So, most of the week was spent tossing around ideas for a new story (after my school work, Ms. Smith!).  The romance has seemed to take a back seat in the old imagination only to be replaced with more from my own little world.  I'm sincerely a fantasy writer at heart.  And I have lovely critique partners who are so easily persuaded to distract me with brainstorming sessions over email at work...lol!  By the way, guys, we're due a coffee session soon! ;-) 

So, Elerbee's story is bouncing around the ol' noggin'.  I even have sat and imagined the opening scene.  He is meeting with the new Elder of the priestly orders to receive the news that there is unrest among the ranks of all three sects.  (For those new to this story, the sects are Sirrah, Yenoh, and Irhona).  Elerbee is a Chosen - he has been touched by the god, Sirrah, and bears his mark.  Plots and schemes have been the norm over the past year since the dragons have returned to Cantor.  Most of the bad seeds have been weeded out but there are some embeded deeply.  Elerbee is sent to the temples outside of Orphana (where the elves live) to pose as a novice.  While he's there, he will discover the foul plot, whatever that is - I haven't gotten that far.  But it will include a hired assassin, who ends up as...yep, you guessed it: Elerbee's chick.  They will find themselves on the run, of course and Durlag will join them somewhere along the way.  Maybe they go back up to Port Mor, as it is a haven to fugitives and criminals and those wanting to get lost in the crowd.  He's never been there, after all.  He joined up with the group after they left there in the 1st book.  Then maybe they'll have to go plead their case with the mages in Val.  Oh!  Maybe the plot is to try to rid the land of magic!

Ok, I have to end this before it gets too far out of hand!  I'll leave you with an image of the assassin, who I am heavily considering naming Tia...

3 comments:

  1. Anything to get out of reading the romance book eh, Michelle?

    j/k :)

    The ideas sound great. Ridding the land of magic? Is Durlag in danger of possessing an empty flask? That alone would be his incentive to fight.

    p.s... We're gonna work on that negative thinking, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds exciting, Lee! When you start talking about fantasy, I realize how much I miss reading it. I really love Elerbee, and YAY for Durlag popping up somewhere along the way! Whenever you wanna brainstorm about this, I am game.

    Glad you had a good week with your wee one. Sounds like he's improving every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I Am Stretched On Your Grave by Kate Rusby is one of my FAVORITE songs of all time. Seriously. It's on the Return to Me soundtrack. :)

    ReplyDelete