Saturday, April 2, 2011

Of course my saga continues

Not just my story, but life as well!  This week went by so fast for me.  I had a ton of work to do at the ol' job, which is unusual these days with the closing looming, but keeping busy makes the days go by so much faster!  Trent was on spring break and so things at home were not so stressful, even though he did have homework the whole time...ugh.  TJ (that's the hubby for those who don't know) is on spring break next week and then a couple of weeks later, it's my turn! My husband is in nursing school and will graduate (I'm on positive thinking mode) in December.  Clinicals have been progressively harder for him and stress levels between us have risen somewhat but he's doing such an awesome job!  I am stressing (as usual) about the research papers I have to write this month!  EEK!  I can do it, I just have to buckle down and commit...however, I am going to have to take some vacation time from work just to get some of the work done!  (Any excuse to get away from that place, right?)

Now, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my new story - I know, I know, when am I NOT?  I've got three of my characters set in stone, well four, if you count the bad guy.  I need at least one more and I was thinking along the lines of a bard.  A bard, in fantasy, is someone who weaves magic with their voice, either by storytelling or singing or playing an instrument.  Or all of those.  OR a ranger-type.  This would be an outdoorsy, tracker type who would be good with long-range weapons like a bow and arrow, throwing daggers - that kind of thing.  It has to be a woman.  And I'm leaning towards an elven woman.  I have two humans and a dwarf already - of course I need to throw in an elf! :)  Maybe a shapeshifter?  OH!  I just had an idea - so she's a ranger who can shapeshift into different animals but, she has to have been in contact with whatever animal she shifts to...AND she would have an animal companion.  I think I've made my decision - a ranger it will be! lol  Wow, thanks for talking that out with me y'all!  I leave you with an image.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in poetry crunch mode for NaPoWriMo--Poetry month--so I've neglected by fiction. I'm surprised you have time for it with family, work and school--but I know we make time for what is important.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SQUEE* I'm so excited about the new story!! And girl, you need to give me a proper edu-ma-cation on shapeshifters. I'm thinking about having one in this new paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sometimes I'm surprised I have time for it too. I could say I haven't slept well the last few weeks because I'm up at night, just thinking...the only time I really write any of it down is on this blog, though. I know I don't have time to actually sit down and write it all out right now, and I've kept myself from that so that I can concentrate on school.

    Nik, I've got plenty of books here if you want to borrow them! I don't know a whole lot because this would be a new character to me as well, but I'm going to be pulling down the old D&D books as soon as I get a chance! LOL

    ReplyDelete