Saturday, April 9, 2011

But is it the end?

Well, this is to be the last official blog post for class...I intend to keep posting at least once a week, so I do hope you will all come back from time to time!

It's been a hectic week.  Trent's had some issues at school this week but he's uber stressed about this silly iLeap testing next week.  I'm not a huge standardized testing fan, if you can't tell.  Tonight he told me that he is nervous about doing well because he wants to do well for his school so they get a good score and get their 5th star back...telling, no?  This huge burden should not be on a bunch of 11 and 12 year old's shoulders.  They should be encouraged to do their best, certainly, but to hound them to do well because the school wants that 5th star ranking...I just have no more words for that.  *sigh*

On to the story!  YAY! :)  So, I threw out the idea on my new ranger character to friends and family this week and she wasn't so warmly received...lol.  I like her, though, so that's what counts.  :)~  She is an elf, but an elf that has been 'touched' by her god; Chosen, like Elerbee.  But, when an elf is Chosen by their deity, they become what is known as a Spirit Elf.  They are able to hear, see and communicate with the spiritual realm.  Biggest drawback from this, they become partially spirit...this particular elf wears a cape with a hood that covers all but one of her eyes.  When she removes the hood, she reveals a ghostly face...kind of transparent and milky (you know, like a ghost).  Her right arm is the same.  Cool part?  She can reach through walls and when she touches anyone with that hand or arm, she has the effect of "ghost touch" - chilling the person to the bone and even sucking the life out of them, leaving them permanently affected from having come into such close contact with the realm of spirit.  She'll immediately be able to see that Tia has no soul, since a soul is of the spirital realm.  That's where she'll come in handy since they'll be chasing all these stolen souls...Her name is Hadra, meaning "half" in my elven language, she lives beyond Jareen, to the west, past the mountains where the dwarves live, in a place called the Wintry Woods.  All of the Spirit Elves go here once they are touched - people are kind of scared of them, so they separate themselves from the population but they go about helping, in disguise, hiding and in ways that people won't know it's them.  So far, I only have the one picture of her...I'll have to enlist my brother-in-law to draw her up for me...

SO, hopefully, I'll see some of you back next week!  I don't know how much I'll be able to think on my story because I've got tons of school work to do, but any and all of my free time finds me drifting off to Cantor to plot out the story and develop the characters...they only live in my blog right now and I can't wait to start writing some of this down!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lela! You are a very entertaining classmate! I loved reading your blogs and have really enjoyed this class. Best of luck to you on your writing!
    Maria Cimino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing. By the time you flesh out the character, you'll have created something they will like.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna feed you your own advice, Lela dearest: Fantasy is just that--fantasy. You can make the characters and the world in which they live any way you want. In fact, I'd say uniqueness makes for stellar, memorable characters. Just make certain they're believable. I'm super excited you're writing again! :)~

    ReplyDelete