Saturday, April 16, 2011

A few cool things

So, I got a night out with the hubby!  The kid went to his "parents night out" deal and TJ drug himself out to take me to dinner.  Well, the anniversary is coming up so he probably figures he has to be nice to me...lol.  He did point out to me, however, we have been together for half my life...you gasp, but tis true!  I was 19 when we moved in together...you do the math; I do not admit to age.

My wonderful friend made me a wonderful photo to help boost my creativity - it's designed to be a wallpaper for my computer so that I can look at it whenever I open the laptop - inspiration at your fingertips!  I love the effort she put in to helping me get into the writing mood.  I probably don't deserve such wonderful friends but am very thankful I do have them!  (Thanks, Nik!)  I keep pulling it up to look at it.  I especially like the part that says "by Lela Robichaux".  tee hee

I've got a few scenes running around in my mind, and I've decided on an opening, which will immediately introduce the two characters above, Elerbee and Tia.  I've done some work tweaking my world's map to include the places these two will have to travel.  They start in Jareen, Elerbee's hometown and also the seat of the Elder (the highest priestly official, who governs the three main sects).  Their journey will keep them in the western part of the world, traveling to the Wintry Woods, where they hook up with Hadra and I'm thinking they'll travel through the dwarven lands to pick up Durlag, who had gone back there to help rebuild after Rekho destroyed the city (that's from the first book, for those who aren't familiar).  They'll employ him as a guide, yet again, since he's been all over Cantor as a soldier in the armies that first banished the dragons.  So far, that's all I've got on the map.  I haven't decided where the demon has holed up but probably just outside some huge city in the mountainous region where he has access to harvest all the souls he wants - of course, unrest would be beneficial, so he doesn't have to do too much persuading of the people to give up their souls for promises of either money, glory or a better life for their families...I think the bad guy is also a priest.  I had thought mage, but, no...I think it will be better if it is one of Elerbee's own - poor Elerbee, I have hell planned for him in this story! 


Here's a visual of my bad guy, who has yet to be named.  Yes, Rufus Sewell serves wonderfully as the antagonist!  His eyes just hold this really intense feeling.  Plus, every time I've seen him portray the bad guy, he's done such an excellent job!  I don't think that power is his only motive here.  There has to be more of why he would agree to set up house with a demon and do its bidding.  What could the demon have on him...hmmm?
This requires more thought.  So, until next time!  I hope you keep coming back.  :)

1 comment:

  1. *squee* New story! New story! May your muse be good to you, my sweet friend. Glad you like the wallpaper! :)~

    ReplyDelete