Friday, May 6, 2011

Things just don't happen quick enough...

There's just so many things I would like to accomplish in my life.  They never happen quick enough for me.  I really have to work on this patience thing...one of many flaws I need to work on!  Well, the semester is coming to a close and I can't wait to get started with summer plans, which of course, are big.  Half of them won't get done and the other half will teeter between half-done and almost-done...lol.

I have home projects, of course - turning our spare room into an office/study space for homeschool (if we go that route).  I have a bedroom set in the garage that needs to be stained dark so I can use it in my bedroom.  I'd love to replace all that random furniture with something that matches!

I have writing projects.  Rewrites on Reborn are priority, so I can start submitting.  I plan to do these in the evenings.  Starting Seige of Souls is a must!  Mornings will be alotted to the new story.  I have to get into a rhythm again with my own writing.  I learned so much this semester!  I actually started thinking about the places where my characters can be strengthened and where I could start cutting and adding, etc.  I'm so excited to get to work on it all! :)

So, that's an awfully full summer!  And I relish the chaos!  I think I'm happiest when I have no time to slow down and breathe.  Weird, but, it's me - always has been.  Ok, I'll be back on Saturday - my goal is to post every Saturday, at least, more if I can.  I'll even start including snippets of chapters for you once I get going on the new book.  See y'all soon!

1 comment:

  1. The quest for patience is something I, too, am always smack-dab in the middle of. It's been a problem for me for many, many years, and though I'm getting better (or at least I think I am...), I still struggle with it.

    As far as all that you mean to accomplish: Let me just give a word of advice here... Don't bite off more than you can chew. Writing in the mornings and editing in the evenings is great; that's exactly what I do when the task presents itself. But don't take on too many projects at one time, no matter what they are, else you'll feel as if you can't finish any single one of them, therefore--and you know how we are--allowing the feeling of inadequacy to seep in.

    Trust me on this one, love. I speak from experience.

    For what it's worth, I think you're doing a great job. I'm so proud of you with your school work and finishing all your papers, etc. etc. You've done me--and yourself--right proud. :)

    ReplyDelete