Thursday, June 20, 2013

Research Galore!

Here's my dilemma. I started out researching the Druids of the Iron Age and have ended up reading a book on Buddhism. How does THAT happen?!

I'm still pretty determined that the worshipers of the gods on Cantor are more like Druids but, there's just something very intriguing to me about Buddhism. It allows for so much free interpretation and that's kind of cool to me. Followers are encouraged to come to their own conclusions about things without being told they are wrong or bad for it. Eh, I don't know - I should probably get back to the Druids if I ever want to finish this story!

We're going to camp next week, so I'll have to put a hold on pretty much everything. No writing, no daydreaming, no researching. No! *gasp* How ever will you manage? you ask. By bringing my trusty ol' notebook and jotting ideas down here and there, names of songs that strike me and in those weeeeee hours of the night when all the campers and counselors are slumbering, I will probably have some time to think. I enjoy this camp so much, though, that it's not really that big a deal. It is a camp for people with autism and I have never had another such enriching experience than this camp! I love these guys and I love seeing our new young counselors come in every year wide-eyed and not knowing what to expect and then leaving three days later with a smile on their faces and a new respect for people with disabilities. They learn so much and it changes their lives for the better. I usually don't have a problem with words, but this one is hard to describe. So, I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment