Thursday, June 6, 2013

Keeping You Up-To-Date

Well, now, every time I come back, I say "I'm going to blog more!" and I lie. Each and every time, don't I? I can't say for certain what switch was flipped lately but I've really gotten more of the attitude to promote myself and try to keep myself busy with writing. I have been throwing myself wholeheartedly into Seige of Souls. All I can really tell you is, wow, I am excited about this book!

I have been exploring the 'bad guy' in this one recently and he's something else, let me tell you! I didn't realize his depth until I started researching him and thinking more about why he's doing what he's doing. This is good, because that means he'll be an excellent character (I hope!). It's really had me wrapped up in what motivates people to make the choices they make. We can't know what another is going through unless we're walking their path, yet we find ourselves judging others' decision and actions all the time. I do it. I did it just today. This is either going to make for some wonderful writing sessions or some real gut-wrenching, soul-searching, can't get the words on the page moments!

I looked some old poetry lately, too. I found quite a few old notebooks recently and started reading some of the stuff in them. I laughed out loud as some of them, shook my head in wonder and even cringed several times. :) They're all right, though. It kind of took me back to a place where I was so immersed in the writing of it that I didn't care what came out, as long as it all came out on the paper. I enjoy writing and I need to remember that feeling. Sometimes you can get caught up in the politics of it all, the 'rules' and the business-end of writing so much so that you lose that spark; that one little light that ignites the passion. I'm glad I found mine again because it makes me feel good and I think it helps keep me balanced.

So, I've got some thinking to do now about divine magic and gods and all that good stuff. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment