Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's been a minute

Ok, so, I've been on hiatus...not a fun one, mind you.  A much needed break to focus on things that need focusing on.  That said, I'm SO ready to get back into writing and editing.  Editing especially!  I haven't looked at the manuscript for "Reborn" in about a month.  My goal: finish up editing the first three chapters and start submitting while I work on the rest.  So, between research and whatnot for the new story, I'll be back to the grind with Mey and Thom.  I have a whole new idea to work into the beginning where it involves Garrin and I'm excited about that and ready to see if I can make it all work.

I think I will tackle this process with some planning.  I'm not normally a planner when it comes to my writing - I am a pantser (writing by the seat of my pants).  Every other aspect of my life is planned, though.  Funny how that works.  I am going to try to at least get some direction firmly in place before I start cutting, pasting and reworking.

Short post today, guys.  Gotta get back to housework but I had to make myself sit down and do this so I can start getting back in the habbit!  Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Lee! Good for you, deciding to plan ahead. I must say, this transition from pantser to plotter is not easy, but for me it's helped so much. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my way now for more sticky notes! lol :)

    ReplyDelete